Dr. Borko Furht, Professor and Director of NSF Research Center, is invited to be the guest speaker at the 14th Vienna Congress com•sult, that will be held in Vienna, Austria January 17, 2017. The event will focus on the general topic “Call for Future”. The congress is one of the most renowned international economic-political congresses of the region.
The Vienna Congress com · sult 2017 does not leave it at diagnoses a lack of competitiveness and unresolved challenges, but provides concrete solutions at the center of political discussion site. The range of focus topics ranging from measures for the successful integration of migrants fleeing into the labor market on strategies to increase competitiveness and infrastructure quality of the site up to the development of the EU and their things to come relations with Russia and strengthening the Danube region
Focus topics of the Vienna Congress com · sult are:
- Specific measures in increasing the competitiveness of the site with particular emphasis on infrastructure and industrial policy .
- Specific measures in increasing the competitiveness of the site with particular emphasis on innovation policy .
- the potential of digitization for the future development of Europe.
- Measures for a future-oriented energy policy in the interest of the site.
- Prospects for normalization of Economics way union relationship between the EU and Russia .
- the importance of the Visegrad countries for the future development of Europe.
- the potential of the Danube region strategy for the economy and growth in Europe.
- regional location strategies
and their success factors.
Traditionally the congress will take place in Vienna on the 17th January 2017 under the patronage of Vienna’s Mayor Michael Häupl. With 1,500 participants, app. 100 speakers and 50 events on 2 days, the congress is one of the most renowned international economic-political congresses of the region. The evening before – 16th January 2017 – Vienna’s Mayor Michael Häupl will host the exclusive speaker reception in the Vienna City Hall.
We are very happy that for the upcoming congress Nobel Prize Laureates Dan Shechtman and Sheldon Lee Glashow already confirmed their participation.
In the past years the congress welcomed such outstanding guests as: Nobel Peace Laureates President FW de Klerk, Lech Walesa and Shimon Peres, Nobel Prize Laureate Dan Shechtman, Martin Eberhard, President Viktor Yushchenko, President Václav Klaus, President Hashim Thaci, President Atifete Jahjaga, HSH Prince Hans-Adam II of Liechtenstein, Mario Monti, Jerzy Buzek, Howard Dean, Carl Djerassi, Dimitrious Droutsas, Michael Eisner, Joschka Fischer, Gregor Gysi, Steve Forbes, Bill Gates, Hans-Dietrich Genscher, Klaus Kinkel, Mimoza Kusari-Lila, Peer Steinbrück, Jimmy Wales, Jack Welch and many more.