The Center projects are conducted in the Engineering East building of the College of Engineering and Computer Science at Florida Atlantic University, in which the NSF I/UCRC is housed. The building is built in 2010 and it is LED-certified Platinum green building.
There are nine research and six instructional laboratories located in the Engineering building; several labs are strictly dedicated for the I/UCRC projects. The Cloud Computer system is housed on the first floor, shown in Figure 2, which will be used for developing and testing various software, which will be developed as part of the Center projects.
The following research laboratories are used in Phase I for research on Center projects and will continue to be used for Phase II:
• Multimedia Laboratory,
• Mobile System Development Laboratory,
• Data Mining and Machine Learning Laboratory, and
• Networking and Sensors Laboratory.
In last several years, as part of I/UCRC CAKE, we received two NSF MRI awards:
– MRI award to equip the Networking and Sensors Lab (2012),
– MRI award to equip the Data Mining and Machine Learning Laboratory (2014).
In addition, we received in-kind memberships from our industry members:
– Tecore Networks – the equipment for mobile network development and analysis,
– LexisNexis – high-performance cluster computer system and software for data mining and machine learning applications, and
– Motorola Mobility powered by Google – equipment and devises for mobile system development.